Wednesday 9 March 2011

Oak Trees






















Yesterday we were trying to find some good images of oak trees and their leaves. Google threw up lots but I found most rather sketchy or cliched. Like so much material on the Web it was a bit stale. I looked out the window. Outside the morning was bright and frosty. I should be out there in the real world, I thought. It seemed an offence against nature that I was hunched over my PC hoping that the Virtual World would provide what I was after. So I got in the car and drove up to Croxton Park where there are many fine old oaks and took some pictures. Incidentally Croxton Park was the site Croxton Abbey. Apparently King John's bowels are buried there. Thank you Google.
We will be using some of this material in a roundabout way in our new range of jewellery. We are following on from our Green Man pewter work. The green theme is getting stronger. Our next pendant range we've labelled 'Spirit Houses' more of which anon.
The pictures were taken by me rather than Sharon. Hers would have been better!
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment