Thursday 15 August 2013

Sunset 9th August. Crepuscular relaxation.

We spend as much time as we can on summer evenings sitting in the gazebo I built in our back garden just watching the birds, the clouds and the sunsets. It's more interesting and more refreshing than electronic distractions ...and its free of  advertising and propaganda! I do worry about the way the sky is often scarred by contrails, though. But that apart, I recommend crepuscular relaxation as a remedy for stress and depression and as a way of stimulating the imagination for creative purposes. 

After sitting outside I wrote the following on my Facebook page which my friends liked so I've pasted here below:

After the pink clouds of sunset come the pale silver clouds which look as though they are the platforms on which cherubs and Olympian Gods should be sitting and supping ambrosia as they chuckle about the foibles of mortals. This is the time the crepuscular creatures emerge-bats, barn owls, badgers- to forage and make their tweets, their hoots and their grunts. This is the time I sip a glass of port, listen to some music -tonight Sandy Denny , wistful and bittersweet-and allow my mind to meander and contemplate past times. Tonight I think about the Scottish summer evenings I witnessed when I was ten years old, when the gloaming went on for ever and their seemed to be, beyond the sleeping kings of the Isle of Arran, a glowing summer land where Celtic souls sang and celebrated some deep joy that I knew was possible but which would always elude me.


No comments:

Post a Comment